Friday, August 1, 2008

9 months old

Missy Delayna is becoming a handful. I'm getting some muscle definition in my arms from holding her. I'm not even kidding, she's a squirmy little turkey and it's exhausting holding her for very long. She loves to eat anything that is forbidden or that she can feed her self. She will allow me to feed her but there are two methods she incorporates, and both are very messy. The first is the fake out. She opens her mouth wide and then just before I get the spoon to her lips she closes them most of the way and then sucks the food out of the spoon. This usually results in droppage and smearage. It makes for good finger painting. The other method is the open wide take a big bite, spit 3/4 of it out and smash it back in with her hand before I can rescue it with the spoon. Also makes for good finger painting and clothing destruction. I don't own a bib this kid can't get around. She's got talent to be sure.


She is an attention monger. She has discovered that when she "talks" people look at her and talk back and she loves it. She generally plays shy and hides her face in my chest for a second or two and then looks back at them. If she's lost their attention, no problem, she'll "talk" to them again. She has also learned that when the camera comes out she's supposed to smile and smile she does. She's a bit of a ham and I have even gotten her to quit crying by pulling out the camera and pretending to take her picture.


Her new talent is stading up. She pulls herself up to everything now and is harder to get to sleep because . . . well sleeping standing up is a talent reserved for horses and other cool animal kingdom members. She has learned that she can follow mom around so when I leave, she comes and finds me. Let the little hands under the bathroom door days begin. ;0)

For some reason blogger won't let me upload pictures today. I'll try again later tonight. Happy August 4th. See many of you in a couple of weeks--Whoo Hoo.

No comments: