We spent most of the day in Doctor's offices today. D and A had their yearly appointments and are looking good. Well, except for D having Bronchitis and not weighing enough so we have to worry about getting enough food down her. . . . to have such a problem for me.
When I took Abby back to school I got to pick up Braydon for his appointment. Two Sundays ago he spent the night in a sleep center and had a sleep study done. It confirmed what we already knew--the poor kid has a hard time sleeping. The doctor called it "tortured sleep." He stops breathing about 10 times an hour. Happily he starts again every time :0-) His sleep cycle chart looks like that of a 55 year old, and those of us that are getting older can understand the sadness of that. First line of defence, tonsil and adenoid removal. Now we just have to figure out the insurance etc. Ahhh. But the good news is Mike was insistent that we get it done now instead of my 'lets wait a while' stance and because of that the original study was done before we lost our insurance and the rest should be done while we still have the COBRA. Phew. We'll I'm still not breathing deeply until we see if they will actually pay anything. If not we'll have to fight the good fight with insurance again. Not the first time. And I'm sure it won't be the last. Wish us luck and lets hope this helps our Braydon get a good nights sleep.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Poor Braydon... I hope everything works out and that this will be the thing to help him!
Just had to add that I LOVE the diagnosis... "Tortured sleep" is a PERFECT description... I think that's what they should call it after you have kids!!
you know this is why we chose to have Bode's T&A removed. and it's made a world of difference.
good luck with all the insurance crap-o-la.
Post a Comment