Wednesday night the family convinced me to take the kids ice skating for the first time. Since I have not been seen flying around a big sheet of ice on thin metal strips since the BYU days and Mike had to be at Mutual, I was a little concerned about taking three newbies skating. But we did have six adults to three small people so we went for it. We had sore arm muscles the next day, but I'm happy to say that Abby, Braydon and Cailah were all skating independently by the end of the evening. Thanks go to Ryan, Megan, Kris, Nick and Mom who helped keep them vertical all night :0) If only that had done the same for me. Actually Abby pretty much clung to the wall until she was ready She dismissed me with a "Mom you're slowing me down" after a few times around the rink0. She and Alyssa pretty much did their own thing after that. Braydon and Cailah took a little longer, but were so fun to watch. Cailah finds it easier to skate when she's jumping (and there are people on both sides holding her hands.) Braydon just runs on the skates, strange to watch, but effective. I wished I had brought the video camera. Some day I'm going to get one of those little ones I can carry in my pocket. Good times and well worth the effort. Thanks guys!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment