Sunday, January 27, 2008

Baptism Previews and other Scary Parenting Stuff

Ok we just got back from taking Abby to her baptism preview. This is getting serious. I guess it means she really is almost old enough to be baptized. AHHHHH I'm having a minor freak out. Kristin is completely unsympathetic because Alyssa is nearing Young Womens, but I still think I'm allowed to be a little unsettled by the fact that my baby is growing up SOOOO fast.

We heard back from the doctor and Delayna's EEG was normal. Therefore, we can assume that her problems probably stem from severe reflux. She's taking some medication that seems to help when we can actually get some down her throat. She doesn't like it and is pretty tricky about finding ways to "GET IT OUT OF MY MOUTH." (That is translated from baby language of AAAA, EEEEE !!!!!) But the hardest part is we have to wait 15 mintues until she can eat. Thank goodness someone wrote "patty cake patty cake" that can ususally keep her entertained until time is up. Of course, I'm getting a little tired of playing patty cake, but the smile on her face is worth it.

2 comments:

Doug said...

We are really glad to here about the EEG. For my boys, if you put chocolate morsels in it, they could probably get it straight down.

Anonymous said...

We are very happy to hear that the EEG was normal. We do not need a pattern of seizures in the this family or the young ones are not going to have any kids. I think kids are born with an exceptional ability to export medicine from their mouths. Emberlyn strugles with lots of stuff, but she is an expert at leaking medicine out of the side of her mounth instead of swallow it. Not real good when she really needs the meds, but impressive none the less.