And we DO have some corn for popping! To quote Mike's favorite phrase of the week "It's wiiinter out theeere." (That's really excited Mike talk for It's cold and snowing like crazy." Mike was so excited he wanted to go pick up Abby from school because "she shouldn't miss a day like this." And I was O.K. with it (yes, Kristin) because she really shouldn't. She's our Snow Girl. We've had snow a few times this winter and she's the first to get herself dressed and hustle outside. She's becoming and expert snowman builder, sled ramp constructor and manual snowplow. She runs in from the bus, throws her backback on the floor and yells "see ya later" as she runs back out to play every day we have any snow. You can imagine that today she's in heaven. She just asked permission to shovel the driveway because it snowed again after Mike shoveled it. Permission granted! She thinks it's great fun. She and Mike made the a great sledding ramp off the deck. It's not the first, they build one any time there is enough snow, but it's a really good one.
Cailah enjoyed the snow for a bit today and Delayna almost did. Someone forgot she was holding a baby in a onesie when she got excited and headed out to take pictures of Cailah. Fortunately someone regained sanity BEFORE she actually took a nearly naked baby out in the snowfall. Phew. OK it was me, I'm a goober. But at least I remembered to take some pictures!
Poor Braydon had to stay in with a stomach bug. Major bummer. He was a little depressed today. I made him some of Grammy's famous rice pudding and that seems to have lifted his spirits. (And mine, it actually turned out well!) He has left his room now so I think he's on the mend, he never leaves unless he's feeling good because he doesn't want to get anyone else sick. It's true, he's a sweetheart.
Last night he had a stomach ache and threw up. He was calling for Mom and Dad. I don't know how but I never heard him. Poor little guy. Mike finally heard him crying and went to help. (I was completely unaware of that as well) I felt like a really "stupid poopy mom" when I woke up and Mike told me this morning. Braydon almost started crying when he told me this morning and so did I. How can I wake up everytime Delayna breathes hard and not when Braydon is crying for me. Ahhhh. Happily he still loves me; tonight we'll be leaving all bedroom doors open!



2 comments:
Awesome!!
Our snow has all melted and we are horribly jealous.
That snow chute looks like fun, Bode and Keegen say they may just start walking your direction today.
Hope Bray feels better and can get out there.
Just let us know and we'll pick them up :0)
Post a Comment