Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to Cailah!

Calaih turned 6 this month. Whoo Hoo. She is loving life as a six year old. Kindergarten is the best thing to happen to her in a long time. She loves that she gets to go to school now and is very excited for next year when she gets to go all day. She is attending a dual language charter school and we love the Spanish the pops out occasionally. She loves her teacher and classmates and has even gotten over the bus ride incident and is looking forward to next year when Mom lets her ride the bus to school again. She's a super helper and a great big sister. I love that she and Delayna get along so well now. D is really going to miss her next year. Me too. But that's ages and ages hence. She loves to sing and dance and is up for anthing the bigger kids are doing. Which means she is growing up far to fast. But it doesn't seem to bother her in the least.

We finally had her party yesterday. Lots and lots of pink for the pinkest girl I know. We had balloon games, milk bubble blowing and bubble gum bubble lessons. Pretty simple, but fun. Abby and Alyssa created a fabulous birthday girl chair and Kristin is the cake genius. And yes, she has yet another fabulous birthday outfit again this year. Next year I'm buying her a brand new outfit so we can perhaps avoid this. All I'm saying is I'm not taking the fall for this when in 10 years she says, "why did you let me wear THAT?" It's all on you chica :0) I'm just the loving mother who knows the importance of agency. P.S. I suggested the jean skirt instead of the shorts at least 5 times.


Bray worked all day on his "dork face." Methinks he succeeded.

1 comment:

Ash said...

looks like a blast! love all of the pink. very creative! happy 6th, cailah! can't believe you and Bode are that old already!