Sunday, February 21, 2010

January's Worst Disaster


If you are on facebook you probably saw my mineral makeup

post. While I was at work the mouse came out to play. Yeah, the carpet looks just as bad. Good thing Mike already had the pint of stain accident and Delyana had already had the broken red fingernail polish incident on said carpet, so we could just laugh (when she wasn't looking.) Someday I'm going to find a screaming deal on wood flooring and replace it. Until then, I just shake my head every time I walk over it and wonder what she'll do next. Oh wait, I alreay know. There have been several incidents. Last night she somehow mangaged to take Cailah's five new bottles of fingernail polish to bed with her. Kristin discovered her at 10:30pm with all five open. She had painted her hands and legs and part of her bedding. This morning she was up before us and found the polish in the bathroom where Kristin had tucked them away for safekeeping. Then broke one and used two others to beautify the counter. Honestly. We need eyes in the back of our head for this child. Anyone know where to get one of those tent things that keep kids in bed?

2 comments:

Ash said...

you are a much more patient and kind mother than i...

Alyson Tolman said...

No, just worn out. It started with Gunnar putting airholes in the couch and melting the carpet with the hair dryer and has continued for the last 12 years. She's just lucky she's at the end of the order. At some point you just have to laugh. And at others you become a raving lunatic and run to your room for a time out.