Tuesday, January 8, 2008
It's a GREAT Day to be the MOM
Now some of you who have spent much time with my darling daughter Abby might think I'm making this up, but upon a stack of Bibles I swear this is how it happened. Last night I was working on dinner and Abby came in to help. I didn't ask her to, she just came in the kitchen, saw me washing dishes and said, "Mom, I'll wash the dishes." As one who has a serious dislike of handwashing dishes and never handwashes anything that will fit in the dishwasher, I was happy to turn over the job. After she was done she asked,"what else can I do to help you, Mom." I gave her a couple more assignments then something fell on the floor and I mentioned that it was really dirty and she said, "Would you like me to mop the floor Mom? I'm thinking wow, this is cool and as she's mopping and I'm cooking I told her "I'm having a lot of fun working together Abby. Thanks." She stopped and looked at me and said, "Mom, I'm almost eight. It's time I started learning to do somethings." Amen and Hallelujah. :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow, I absolutely love it.
Some of our brothers are in there 20's and still haven't grasped the "it's about time I learned how to do some things" concept.
I hope you can keep her on this kick for a little while.
Way to go ABBY!!!!!!!!!!
That is crazy, I hope it continues for ya. You can't ask for much more from that from your daughter. Now, if you could get your husband to take that approach you would be set.
Just kidding Mike I am sure Abby learned if from watching you.
wow. i'm totally impressed. go abby!
Post a Comment