Thursday, June 26, 2008

Knock Her DOWN!!!

I have two rules about infant development at my house.

#1. No crawling until 9 months.
#2. No walking until 12 months.

Delyana is dangerously close to breaking rule number one. She learned how to sit herself up while we were in Hermiston and that we LOVE. Now when she falls down she can just get back up no crying or intervention necessary. She also discovered that she could stand up instead of sit, which charming at times and mildly annoying at others. However she crossed the line when she started going from sitting to the crawling position so we have to knock her down. In flagrant violation of the rules, Mom tried to TEACH her to walk. Kristin and I decided we should knock Mom down for her offences. Mom's defense is that is didn't work anyway so what's the big deal. I think that sounds like the "but officer, I didn't cause an accident so I shouldn't get a speeding ticket" line of reasoning. Clearly not acceptable. Sadly, neither Kristin nor I could actually bring ourselves to knock her down (either one of them) but I may be forced to if this behavior continues.

7 comments:

Doug said...

LOL, that is a hilarious post.

I must say I typically support the "Butt Defense"

I fear that you will have no problems with that at Aspen Grove as Keegen "The Monster" (just from all the crazy noises and stuff) will probably help knock Delayna down.

I think mom is taking this "I'm grandma and can do whatever I want" thing a little far

Trevor said...

I am so excited to teach Delayna to walk at Aspen Grove. Mostly because I want to see Al and Kris try and knock me down, but also because the earlier the better for walking and stuff. Let that little walking early-bird go.

Alyson Tolman said...

Trevor, we will have no qualms about knocking you down. And remember what goes around comes around dude. I've been telling you and Randy that for a long time, and your time is nearly here big guy.

Trevor said...

I am banking on the fact that my wife is too nice. What you do to me punishes her. You wouldn't do that, would you?

Alyson Tolman said...

Nice Try big guy.

Alicia said...

This is entirely untrue. I did not try to teach Delayna how to walk. I tried to teach her how to crawl. Mom

Alyson Tolman said...

Gottcha. See guys she WAS trying to teach her to crawl in violation of the rules. :0)OK I did make a typo, but look at how well it worked out.