Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Chocolate Experiment

Braydon was hanging out with Kristin yesterday afternoon. He had a long sleeved black shirt on and got hot in the sun. (YEAH SUN!!!) They had a conversation about dark clothes vs white clothes and heat. So he came up with an experiment. What if I put dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in the sun? What would melt first. They decided he should put them on a paper towel and not a plate because the plate might make it hotter. So he did it and lo and behold the dark chocolate melted the fastest, the butterscotch second, and the white last. Then we decided we better try the microwave to make sure it wasn't just the consistency of the chocolate. And the results were that the dark chocolate actually melted last, the butterscotch first and the white second. So it would appear that the dark color does make a difference and I don't think Braydon will ever forget that concept. Go little scientist go!

3 comments:

DanelleJ said...

Wow, he is just as brilliant as his mama. What out world! Fantastic!

Doug said...

Very, very impressive. He should journal that so he can pull it out for his 5th grad science project. Wow.

How about the Which-Can-Uncle-Doug-Eat-More-Of-Or-Faster experiment?

Alyson Tolman said...

He should journal it. Hopefully he'll put it in his weekend journal at school.

I'll mention the new experiement idea. I have a feeling he'd like to join you :0)