Sunday, April 19, 2009

Glued Together

Mike is off on his grand new adventure--a summer in New York. We saw him off this afternoon. After family prayers and hugs from the Kris/Alyssa and the kiddos I went out to the garage to see him off. We saw Braydon peeking out of the garage door watching us and assumed he wanted to wave goodbye. So when Mike got in the car I headed into with my arms full of the last batch of dried onions to get the kids to wave to Dad. When I opened the door I was accosted by all sorts of hugs and lots from Braydon. The kids stood at the stairs and waved good-bye and he was off. After the kids scampered to the back yard Kristin told me the inside story. When Braydon closed the garage door he came in and told Kristin "Mom and Dad are glued together. They moved and they were still glued together." Kris said, "Yeah, isn't it nice that your parents still love each other? And your mom might need another hug when she comes in." Braydon's reply was "Yeah, I'll glue myself to her." And he did :0) Gotta love em!

5 comments:

DanelleJ said...

How sweet! Great story!

I am so glad you have Kris. I'm sure it makes being a "single mom" for a summer so much more do-able and enjoyable!

Doug said...

Glued together, a perfect description. I love it.

So what is the new adventure? What is Mike doing in New York this summer?

Alyson Tolman said...

I'm so glad I have Kris too! Yeah for Kris!

Mike is working for Pinnacle selling security systems for his nephew this summer in Long Island. What an adventure eh?

Kathy Habel said...

At least it is a job...
Good luck being a single mom.

Sandi said...

You made me cry... How rude... :-) Loveya!